Wednesday 13 March 2013

Volcano Busy Bags


Last week Mount Etna erupted so I decided to do a little volcano activity with the children. I like to use real life events for inspiration for craft projects. It gets the children involved in what's going on around the world and gives them some general knowledge along with all the fun stuff.



I found some videos on You Tube showing the volcano erupting. The kids found them  fascinating.



We made a volcano Collage using tissue paper for lava.


My little boy loved decorating the volcano so I decided to make him a Volcano busy bag.

Firstly I stuck a volcano on a piece of white paper





I then shredded some orange tissue paper and cut out other scenery shapes that can be used to decorate his volcano. I found an old biscuit tin to store them in so he can put them away and get them out to play with whenever he likes.



Here is little mans first creation. 'There's lots of fire, its HOT HOT HOT' he shouts. 'That's why there is lots of smoke'


 'Watch out Mr Dinosaur the lava is coming to get you' 


Add a few more sceneries and items to your box. They can come in handy when you need to occupy them for five minutes or to keep them quiet while you answer the phone :)





Here are some other Volcano projects we have done :)


http://amazinglittleminds.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/erupting-paper-mache-volcano.html


http://amazinglittleminds.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/mountvesuviuserupts.html



No comments:

Post a Comment